Thursday, September 29

NYX round lipsticks

NYX cosmetics are gaining massive popularity over the internet nowadays. One of their most famous and raved about products are their round lipsticks which I think comes in at 144 shades (creatively named).

I figured I should give them a try since there were good reviews and they come of cheap (for a US brand). Reviews talked about the creamy texture, the easy glide experience,the dashing colors and the price.

I was never fond of lipsticks. Safe to say, I was and still will be a lipgloss person. haha. I tried this brand for kicks and I took my time choosing the color/shade that I would get.

Since I was buying online, I had to canvass for prices and I stumbled upon Digital Traincase on Multiply Marketplace. They sold these lipsticks at 150 php :)

I looked for a reddish but not too red shade and a neutral to nude one and from the pictures, I decided on NYX Apollo and NYX Pumpkin Pie. My orders came to me a day after I paid and they came of in a good condition but I wondered why they did not come with a protective plastic seal since most cosmetics came that way..anyway, they didn't seem tampered at all. :)




Apollo came in this shimmery orange and red shade which I doubted at first but was satisfied enough when I placed it on. Pumpkin pie was a little light, for a very subtle look.  Usually, I place Maybelline Shineessentials gloss over to make the color appear better. I also put lipbalm on before the lipstick but this makes the shade lighter as I have noticed. I tried using Chapstick with it and the result was bad. The lip color stained my teeth at times. I tried using it with Lip Smackers Vanilla Ice and it turned out quite well.

NYX round lipsticks are "just ok" for me. I don't like the scent or smell too much but its not a biggie. I am still a lipgloss person but I'd continue using these ones :)

Seems like I went back to my online shopping craziness ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are appreciated. Though I think responsible talking should be employed. ;)