Sunday, November 27

Thanksgiving :)

I live in the Philippines and though our country has been colonized be westerners long before, Thanksgiving is not as celebrated here. I know thanksgiving is one of the biggest holidays in the US and eversince I came into consciousness about it, most especially now, I am in so much awe that I am writing about it.

A time to be thankful for life and everything in it :) such a wonderful reason to be festive and be considered as a holiday! :)

Filipinos, being religious as most are, are thankful everyday for what they have. They may not be as vocal about it but I know in the million prayers sent to heaven every second, almost all of them contains a note or more of gratitude for big things and small ones alike:)

Thanksgiving this year was bigger for me-- the holiday I mean.
My boss asked me "are you going to have off this thanksgiving?" and I thought hard "what thanksgiving?" and then I realized. I heard more and more thanksgiving notes from friends and family in the US and I don't know if it is just me but I think the holiday is slowly inching it's way here in dear PI! :)

I appreciate small notes of what people are thankful about from huge ones to things I have absolutely no knowledge of. It is just a wonder how people pause, reflect and celebrate the people and things that made life a lot more meaningful for them. Who are we anyway without the things we are most grateful of? :)

As for me, the list could go on if I will write it all down. I am amazed to think that I have a lot to be thankful of despite constantly feeling that I have less and lacked a lot compared to others, heck I even felt so empty for a long time. (though I know I could whip up a lot to be thankful about even if I was clanging empty). Life gives you the irony that has long been present. It is not that our minds just trick us but maybe it is so exaggerated at times how we think that we have nothing when in fact we already have a lot. Fallacious as it may seem or close to the truth as it maybe, people do not get contented because the superficial and the new always gets to us. It is during those times that we are reminded, that we begin analyzing deeply what we have in our lives. Most of us are still incomplete, always wanting something more, something new, something changed and it will never stop. It is just a matter of pausing in between those moments and remembering the good things and how for a fraction of time, they made us almost reach cloud 9 :)

I feel lost and incomplete now. consistently confused, disappointed and frustrated. It is like I cannot get a move on with my life because of not knowing what I want and what to do with my future. Still, I am thankful I am alive and I get to spend more time with the people that I love. Heck, I know that in the end of it all, they will be the one who will matter the most anyway. I also need to fight for my future though. I need to make my parents proud. I need to redeem myself to myself and I need to trust more on God's plans :) CAirus!! (?)

finally, I am thankful for LIFE. for everything in it most specially God who created and gave everything. To my most beloved family. Mama, Papa, Paul. Relatives who have been so good and generous.Tita Elsie, Tita Mila, Tito Romeo and the rest. To special people and special friends who made me love and appreciate myself more than I could ask for, who were there when I needed someone to crash on and be myself more with. To friends from ups and downs. To laughter, love, food and sharing. For the sun and the wind and nature. for healing and better days. For Spencer who brought my love for dogs when I hated them so much. For technology and good samaritans. For mentors who guide without letting you down. For second and nth chances. for pillows and beds, for clothes and communication, for special moments and unforgettable ones. For medicines, cures, discoveries and music. For english, chinese, tagalog, words and sentences. For loyalty and faith. for strength and guidance. for spontaneity. for water, for creativity and color. for sight, feelings and senses. for things that I could have out of impulse. For things I know are too expensive but I have them anyway. for koreanovelas and movies that chase our hearts out ribcages and for children who embody purity, love and God's kingdom of pure joy and bliss, for being here at this moment right now where I have all my loved ones with me. Long life and good health for them, protection too.

Cheers to finding answers and having a better future for me and for my loved ones and for all people around the world. Cheers to positivity and negativity combined.
for everything in between and for everything unmentioned, lessons learned and stronger people.. A MILLION THANKS! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are appreciated. Though I think responsible talking should be employed. ;)